CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Card for my Son

Hello all my fellow crafters!

Here is a Birthday card I made for my son. He is going to be 29 on April 20th. I can't believe how fast time flies. I remember when he was just a little tyke just like it was yesterday!

Then

Now










And Finally the card...





Recipe:
All cardstock is by Paper Trey Ink:
Black cardstock cut at 11" x 8 1/2" and then folded in half to make a card base of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.
White cardstock is cut at 5 1/4 x 4"
Red cardstock is cut at 5" x 3 3/4" and then embossed with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder- Happy Birthday
Red Cardstock is also punched at the bottom using the 3/8" ribbon punch by EK Success. I then wove white ribbon from Papertrey Ink through the punched border.
The Cupcakes are actually outline stickers placed on Be Creative Tape and Crystal Glitter Ritz (this glitter does not come off of the tape- it's wonderful). I then colored in the white glitter with stamp markers (you can even use Crayola markers with this product). I then cut the cupcakes out by free hand and adhered them with dimensional tape.
The stamped sentiment, "Cupcakes and Kisses" is from Hampton Arts and I used Tuxedo Black ink by Momento. I then went over that with a clear glitter pen.
I used a black and white pen for the dots and dashes on the white and black cardstock.
This was my first time using Paper Trey Ink Cardstock and ribbon. I loved both of them. It is very high quality. I highly recommend them. Check them out here:

http://www.papertreyink.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment