CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Pencil Toppers

I had a package of 20 Halloween pencils laying around the house and thought it would be fun to make some pencil toppers for these and give them to the various small children of my family and friends. I completed the pencils and then made little treat bags with the pencils, some straws, a little bit of candy, erasers and other fun stuff like that. I will post the picture later of all of the bags. Here are the pencils for now.

I used the Tim Holtz Rosette Decorative Strip Die- Mini Paper Rosettes to make all of the toppers. I used various Halloween Paper packs- K and Company, Martha Stewart and paper I printed from my Cricut Imagine and the Hopscotch Papers and Pattern Cartridge. Instead of printing the pattern on white cardstock, I printed it on orange cardstock to give it a totally different look.
http://kandcompany.eksuccessbrands.com/product/Spooktacular+12x12+Designer+Paper+Pad+1.aspx

http://main.cricut.com/shopping/detail-Cartridges-Imagine-Cricut-Imagine-Colors--Patterns-Cartridge-Hopscotch-255-1061.aspx

I hot-glued the small rosette to the large rosette and decorated the centers of the rosettes with various brads, stickers and chipboard die-cuts from Studio G, K and Company and Recollections. I then hot glued each rosette set to both sides of the pencils. I also inked the rosettes with Tim Holtz Distress Ink -Black Soot
http://store.scrapbook.com/ri-tim19541.html
I also tried my hand at artistic photography of these pencils- not sure if I really pulled it off, but I tried!


No comments:

Post a Comment