CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthday Card and Gift for my Step-Father

This is my 1st time making an S-fold card. I got the idea and theme from a card that Mary at http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/. I like the idea of the Dinosaur and putting my Stepfather in the tree because he is "old as a dinosaur" - haha. He is a good sport and loved his card.

The "Recipe":
Card base was cut at  8 1/2"x5 1/2". It was folded in half at the 4 1/2" and then you fold back the front of the card to meet the crease at 4 1/2"- this creates the S fold. I used Bazzill Cardstock for the base.
The front panel paper and the panel behind it was cut at 2 1/4" x 5 1/4". The larger inside panel (paper with dots) was cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". The paper used for the panels is from a Martha Stewart stack.

The Dinosaur and tree are from the Create-a-Critter cartridge. The dinosaur was cut at 3 1/2" and the palm tree was cut at 4 1/4". The paper used is from Cut-Mates PaperLayerz- I love this paper and it really does cut great (nice and clean) http://shop.aboverubiesstudio.com/featured/paper-layerz-24-sheet-pack.html

The body and clothes were cut at .75 and is from Everyday Paper Dolls. I cut and adheared a head to match the body size (as best as I could). I probably should had done some doodling on the card- it might had made it pop a little more. Oh well...I still had fun with this card!

Richard loved playing all kinds of board, card and dice games. He loves making up his own score sheets and sometimes his own rules, so I thought it would be nice to decorate a 3 ring binder. I put dividers in so he can file his score sheets. I also included a pack of mechanical pencils, sticky notes and a calculator in a pencil bag.
The game night and dice were cut from Designer's Calendar. The cards with chips and money with chips was cut from The Father's Day cartridge.
Sorry about the glare in this picture!

Thank you for checking my blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment